- Hello Friends
How are You all?
I hope you all are following my blog posts and learning something.
In the same way today also I have chosen one topic for you. i,e. How to create a Blog or Website with WordPress for free of cost?
Introduction of WordPress
WordPress is a software which is used to create Blogs and Websites. This software is written in PHP language. This is Content Management Software(CMS). To create a Blog or Website with this software we don’t need any programming knowledge. It is flexible software. In these days most of the blogs or Websites are built by this software only. Most of the Bloggers and Digital Marketers also creating their Blogs or Websites on this platform only.
In WordPress, we have two types
This is the free version. For this, we don’t need to spend money.
This is paid one. For this, we need to purchase Domain (Name of the Blog or Website) and Hosting (Space). But in this, we have more features compared to WordPress.com.
To know more about WordPress Click Here.
But now we will discuss on WordPress.com only. Why because of so many people not ready to spend money on creating blogs and Websites in the earlier stage. After practicing in this platform you can jump into that platform.
NOTE:- But I recommend to use WordPress.org
For the initial purpose am discussing the free one. Okay, then we will see how to create?
How to create a site with WordPress?
- Open any browser and search for WordPress.com, after that click on “Start Your Website” , then you will see a below-mentioned image.
- In that enter your Email, Username and choose Password. If a username is not available try with another one. You can add numbers also. Then click on Continue.
- “Don’t forget your Username and Password” which is important while you are going to Login.
- Then open your mail which is given in the above. You will get mail from WordPress, open it and click on “Confirm” then you will see a below-mentioned image.
- Read the points and give your suitable words in that and click on “Continue”.Then you will below mentioned image.
- In that enter your Keyword. Here keyword means to enter your Blog or Website URL. Like “digitalbandari”. You can enter anything which is your URL or Domain name. Then it will suggest you available URL. You can select any one of them. Then you will see the below-mentioned image.
- Leave this here and open one more tab to log in to your site. In that tab type like “domainname.wordpress.com”.Then enter your Username and Password. You will enter into your site.No you can customize your site. You will see the below-mentioned image. Which is called a Dashboard
Customize your WordPress Site
To customize your WordPress site, first, you have to know some basics of WordPress terminology like Pages, Posts, Plugin, Themes, and Widgets.
First, we will see about Pages:-
In the Dashboard left side, you will see the Pages option. Click on that. You will see a below-mentioned image.
- Click on Add New, located at the top left.
- Then Enter your title and in the below box write the description about that title then click on “Publish” which is at the right side of the Description box. When you clicked on the Publish button your page is created.
- Repeat the above points to create more pages.
- To create Menu Follow the below path
- Then you will see below- mentioned image.
- In that select which pages you want to add in Menu and click on “Add to Menu” then save it. Now your menu is ready.
- If you want to change your theme follow the below path
- Select your favorite theme and click on Activate.
- If you want to change your Header click on Header and customize that as per your choice.
- If you want to write a Post or Blog Post click on Posts which is located at the left side (Above Pages option).
- Click on that and you will see a below-mentioned image.
- Click on “Add New” and enter your Post Title and Description. Then click on “PubliSh”. OR you can schedule your post by clicking on Publish->Edit.
This is all about How to create and customize your WordPress Blog or Website.
I hope you people understood the process and try to create your own blog on WordPress platform.
If you are like this share your thoughts in comments as well share this post. When you share this, your friends also know about how to create a Blog or Website.
After creating your own blog on WordPress, don’t forget to mention your Blog or Website URL in comments.